Japan disaster: reconstruction effort puts town on road to recovery.
The earthquake on 11 March tore apart this stretch of road in Ibaraki prefecture, leaving gaping cracks up to 150 metres long and presenting yet another obstacle to emergency workers travelling north from Tokyo. Just six days later last Thursday, 17 March the road had been transformed. Rapid response to earthquake in Ibaraki prefecture sees long stretch of road rebuilt and an expressway reopened. Click here to read full details courtesy of Guardian.co.uk
Photo credits: Associated Press
- National › M4.8 quake jolts Ibaraki, Tochigi, Saitama, Gunma (japantoday.com)
- National › M 6.1 earthquake strikes off Ibaraki (japantoday.com)
- 1,000 US High School Students to Do Volunteer Cleanup, Tree-Planting in #Fukushima, Miyagi, Iwate, Ibaraki and Observe Japan’s Recovery (ex-skf.blogspot.com)
- Ibaraki citizens stage events for post-nuclear power society (english.kyodonews.jp)
- #Radioactive Japan: Professor Mori Suspects Deformity of Cedar in Ibaraki Prefecture May Be Due to Radiation Exposure (ex-skf.blogspot.com)