Warning: These are general tips designed for healthy people. Please consult your doctor and work out a weight loss program together before using the following tips.
The creators of the program do not bear any responsibility for use or non-use of the following tips. Thanks!
Before you begin with these tips you must FULFILL 2 Major Conditions:
- Work out regularly
- Eliminate some foods from your diet
Be sure to understand that you will not shape an ideal cover-girl figure in 5 months, because this requires years of training, proper diet and relaxation. However, you will succeed in making your body fit in about 6 months depending on your current condition.
We will use the easiest cardio routines: jogging and quick walking. You can choose what you like more. We recommend that you go for jogging if your weight does not exceed 100kg (200 pounds). If you weigh more than that, you’d better start with walking and gradually advance to quick walking and jogging.
Is jogging better than working out on a stationary bike or elliptical machine? Virtually not, but practice shows that jogging is much more interesting than threading. Moreover, it’s not only your legs that work out as you jog, but also many other muscles.
It is advisable to jog outside to get some fresh air, but a treadmill in a gym is also a great way to do it. And our program will make your workouts not only interesting but also efficient – it will count your steps, the covered distance and burnt calories.
How often and how long?
Your final goal is to jog 5 times a week for 1 hour. This makes up for about 50Km (30miles). You need to advance to this level gradually. Go jogging 3 times a week in the first month, starting with 5 minutes of jogging. Try to increase your jogging time by a few minutes at every session. Add 2 minutes to your distance every time, and in a month you will be jogging for 30 minutes. As you feel your strength building up, move on to 5 sessions a week. This may happen in your second or third month – everything is very individual here. Choose the workout load comfortable for you.
Your jogging speed is very important. It is a well-known fact that a human organism starts using fat as an energy source after about 20 minutes into a workout, provided that your pulse is within 60-690% of the maximum. The maximal pulse rate is calculated by the following approximate formula: 220 minus your age.
If you are 25, your maximal pulse rate is 220-25=195 beats per minute. 60% of 2195 is 117 beats per minute. Then you will have to experimentally find the speed at which your pulse is within the “fat burn zone”, i.e. 60-70% of your maximal pulse rate. It is worth noting that this is quite a slow speed, but still very efficient.
You will do worse if you start running faster because your body will take the energy form your muscle tissue, and we do need our muscles!
Never end or start your jogging session abruptly! Start and finish by walking quickly.
You might as well jog your entire life but if you consume little “right” and a lot of “wrong” products, you will never get rid of your excess fat. Read the following section for more details.
There are several nutrition rules you should follow:
- Have 6 small meals a day. This is essential for boosting metabolism.
- Do not eat calorie-rich products (the list follows below). They have a high Glycemic index which means they are easily stored up as fat. You should understand that you cannot eat these products at all until you lose weight.
- Enrich your diet with protein an vitamins to compensate for what is used for building up muscle tissue.
Measure your body parameters and weight regularly to monitor your progress. Use the figure screen to easily register your progress in weight loss and to see the reports on your figure changes. Click here to start logging your runs online using logyourun.com site.
Below are the lists of products to eliminate from your diet as you lose weight:
- White bread and any variations such as pizza, pies and pancakes
- Potatoes in any kind of dish
- Instant rice
- Any instant foods
- Chips and cookies
- Drinks containing sugar
- Carrots, beets, corn
- Watermelons, pineapples, melons, grapes, bananas
- Raisins, dates,
- All sweets such as candy, chocolate bars, marshmallows etc.
- Wafers, ice cream, honey
- Easy Exercises for Men to Lose Weight (johnisfit.com)
- 3 Natural Ways to Lose Weight Without Killing Yourself! (epicahealth.com)
- Take Your Fitness Into Your Own Hands Today (musclebodyfitness.org)
- Easy Lose Weight Tips – Balanced Plan Is The Key (haskell.org)
- 7 Summer Activities to Help You Lose Weight (johnisfit.com)
- Weight Loss Tips For Teens (answers.com)
- Best Way To Loose Weight (glinmass.wordpress.com)
- How to Lose Weight by Running from Zombies (lockergnome.com)
- 8 Workout Ideas for Couples (johnisfit.com)