It’s time to celebrate our group’s glory, bond one more time and climb Paniquian – Tarak in Mariveles, Bataan this day September 15-16, 2012.
As we goes 3 and after a year of no climb for me though you can see me joining trail or mountain runs it’s time for me to get back as a hiker and climb mountains which I love most. All I want is to visit different places on foot in the Philippines, explore the beauty of our Mother Nature and get closer to the God‘s creation and the same time bond with my outdoor family and friends and at the same time take a break from the stress of work, unwind and avoid the noise, pollution and traffic at the Metro. I’m a proud L.O.S.T. Mountaineer founding member and active member. Let’s go, celebrate and get LOST!
0130-0200 Meet up and get the earliest bus to Brgy. Alas Asin
0500 ETA Brgy. Alas Asin/register/final prep
0530 Start Trek
1000 1st Water Source
1100 Descent to river
1200 Falls / lunch
1300 Assault to wall
1600 look for campsite
1800 end of Day 1 prep dinner and rest07162012
0500 Wake up/prep breakfast
0700 Start Trek
1000 El Saco Summit
1100 Tarak Ridge / early Lunch no water source
1300 Papaya River
1630 End of trail /wash up
1730-1800 catch last bus to manila
Cubao to Alas Asin : Php267
Alas Asin To cubao : Php267
Registration Fee : Php40
Foods : Php100-150
Total Damage : Php700-800
NOTES AND DETAILS :
- First part is a walk in the park
- Once inside river, it will be a technical trail with bouldering and river crossing.
- Prepare for a bulge river since its raining this month.
- There will be 2- 3 rope segments with about 20-50 meters drop with a 60-80 deg vertical wall with loose rock
- -BIVOUAC IS OUR PRIMARY OPTIONS FOR CAMPSITE
- – Anyone can bring tents and use it only IF WE CAN FIND A SUITABLE FLAT OR IF WE CAN REACH THE CAMPSITE
- – IF THE RIVER SWELLS OR DANGEROUS TO CROSS WE WILL OPT FOR OPTION 2 which is traditional trail. We already have a CHALLENGE in mind IN CASE WE FORCE TO DO A TRAD TRAIL
- PACK LITE! PACK LITE! PACK LITE!
For more information visit: www.facebook.com/L.O.S.T. Mountaineers 3rd Anniversary!
Team L.O.S.T. 2nd Anniversary Climb last year at Mt. Banahaw with DENR Permit (Clean up Drive)
Want to join our Team? Let’s us know and let’s get to know each other, new members, beginners and veterans alike are welcome in our group. Gotta love that mountain, see you!