Main Event Schedule
When: Saturday, December 8, 9 p.m. ET
Where: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada
TV: HBO PPV (Contact your cable provider.)
Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 Undercards
Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Michael Farenas – WBA super featherweight
Patrick Hyland vs Javier Fortuna – WBA interim featherweight
Miguel Vazquez vs Mercito Gesta – IBF lightweight champion
BOXERS PROFILE 1:
Emmanuel “Manny” Dapidran Pacquiao is a Filipino professional boxer and politician. He is the first eight-division world champion, in which he has won ten world titles, as well as the first to win the Lineal Championship in four different weight classes.
He was named “Fighter of the Decade” for the 2000s (decade) by the Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA), World Boxing Council (WBC) and World Boxing Organization (WBO). He is also a three-time The Ring and BWAA “Fighter of the Year,” winning the award in 2006, 2008 and 2009, and the Best Fighter ESPY Award in 2009 and 2011.
He was long rated as the best pound for pound boxer in the world by some sporting news and boxing websites, including ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Sporting Life, Yahoo! Sports, About.com, BoxRec and The Ring. On April 2012, Pacquiao dropped to number two in the rankings, behind Floyd Mayweather, Jr. However on May 7, 2012, The Ring declared the top position vacant and jointly ranked Pacquiao and Mayweather in the number two spot.
Aside from boxing, Pacquiao has participated in acting, music recording and politics. In May 2010, Pacquiao was elected to the House of Representatives in the 15th Congress of the Philippines, representing the province of Sarangani.
BOXERS PROFILE 2:
Juan Manuel Márquez Méndez (born August 23, 1973 in Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico), is a Mexican professional boxer and the current WBO light welterweight champion. He is the third Mexican-born boxer to become a four-division world champion, where he won seven world titles in four different boxing weight classes.
Ring Magazine currently ranks Márquez as the number six pound-for-pound boxer in the world and number four in the junior welterweight division. He is considered by some analysts to be among the greatest Mexican boxers of all-time.
Juan Manuel is the brother of Rafael Márquez, who is a former world champion in the bantamweight and super bantamweight divisions. They’re both trained under Ignacio Beristain and Assistant Japanese Toshi Nakajima. At one time, the two were listed in Ring Magazine’s top ten pound-for-pound list. They are one of four sets of Mexican brothers to hold world titles. He is also famous for drinking his own urine during training sessions. Márquez and his wife, Erika, have two sons and a daughter.
- Marquez Out for Redemption Against Manny Pacquiao (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Marquez gunning for revenge against Pacquiao (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Pacquiao and Marquez Both Desperate for Win (abcnews.go.com)
- Manny Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Marquez to meet for fourth time (denverpost.com)
- Knockout seen in 4th Pacquiao-Marquez war (sports.inquirer.net)
- Floyd Mayweather Must Hope for Manny Pacquiao Victory over Juan Manuel Marquez (bleacherreport.com)
- MMA Crossfire – Pacquiao vs Marquez IV predictions (o.canada.com)
- Pacquiao and Marquez both desperate for win (cnsnews.com)
- Juan Manuel Marquez: This time I must knock Manny Pacquiao out (morningstaronline.co.uk)
- Pacquiao vs Marquez: Fourth fight will be the last according to fighters and camps (sbnation.com)