Revolutionary cushioning material is now available in additional adidas products
Philippines, July 1, 2013 – Since its introduction to the world at a global launch event in New York City early in 2013, the Energy Boost running shoe has revolutionised the running world. Featuring the ground-breaking cushioning technology BOOST™, which provides the highest energy return in the running industry, it has set a new benchmark for adidas running footwear, was honoured with the Runner’s World 2013 Best Debut award and, in its first appearance at a global marathon, BOOST™ took home the crown in Tokyo. And this was just the beginning.
Now, BOOST™ is being rolled out to more adidas running products and colours. In addition to the Energy Boost franchise, which will come in four colorways for both men and women, BOOST™ cushioning is now also available in adistar and adizero running footwear. In fact, BOOST™ foam will replace the common EVA material in all adidas running performance shoes by 2015.
The key to the BOOST™ innovation lies in thousands of small energy capsules which make up the footwear’s distinctive midsole. With their unique cell structure, these capsules store and unleash energy more efficiently in every stride. As a result, BOOST™ at last combines the previously contradicting performance benefits of soft cushioning and responsiveness to give runners a running experience unlike any other. The revolutionary cushioning material also maintains its performance in almost any conditions, at unparalleled levels and over hundreds of kilometers.
The shoe’s upper features adidas Techfit technology with highly durable and elastic polyurethane, providing optimal comfort and support to the entire foot while in motion. A stretch, breathable mesh material offers the fit of a sock, while engineered powerbands across the upper provide targeted support and stabilise the foot where needed when moving.
The new colourful Energy Boost collection will be available worldwide at adidas Sport Performance stores and selected retailers as of July 7, 2013 at PHP 7995. Visit www.facebook.com/adidas for more information.
***Notes to Editors:
- The BOOST™ foam material combines previously contradicting performance benefits of soft and responsive cushioning.
- The energy return is provided by energy capsules in the midsole which store and release energy so efficiently that runners feel the difference from the first moment they put the shoes on.
- Based on an innovative process developed by adidas’ partner BASF, the world’s leading chemical company, solid granular material (TPU) is literally blown up and turned into small energy capsules which make up the shoe’s distinctive midsole.
- When tested at extreme temperatures from +40 to -20 degrees Celsius, BOOST™ foam performs more consistently and does not lose its cushioning properties like standard EVA. BOOST™ also maintains its key characteristics better over its lifetime than the comparable EVA midsole.
- Additional adidas technology featured in the Energy Boost includes: a special mid-foot support frame which cradles the foot in place, an extended TORSION® system from heel to toe which helps to minimise roll for more stability; an adiwear outsole which reduces wear in key sole areas and extends the life of the shoe; and an external heel counter which maximises the heel fit and comfort during the run.
- Energy Boost is miCoach compatible.
adidas is a global designer, developer and marketer of athletic footwear, apparel and accessories with the mission to be the leading sports brand in the world. Brand adidas is part of the adidas Group, a corporation that includes brands such as Reebok, TaylorMade and Rockport.
About the adidas Group
The adidas Group is one of the global leaders within the sporting goods industry, offering a broad range of products around the core brands adidas, Reebok, TaylorMade, Rockport and Reebok-CCM Hockey. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the Group has more than 46,300 employees and generated sales of € 14.9 billion in 2012.