I only didn’t persuaded and prove that Mountain Biking is better in fact it is the greatest form of biking to the highest of level because of the fun and happiness it bring. I once built a hybrid bike MTB frame on a roadie setup drive train (Shimano Tiagra) on a Shimano Deore 10 speed shifter and non-series hydraulic brakes) and it was fun because I got the speed of a road bike but cannot keep up on uphill rides and my FD gave up and broke on me while doing a technical trail so I eventually drop that drive train and switch to all mountain set up and that is Shimano Deore group set and it I just found an article from a MTB Group and I feel like sharing it through my blog so here I am sharing mikebrcic’s article.
My hybrid set up, it broke up on me during a technical trail in Heroes Trail, Taguig City.
I immediately switch to Shimano Deore XT RD and Shimano Deore 10 speed cogs.
Then later on switch to Shimano Deore 2014 crank set with Shimano M520 pedals and bought Shimano MD86 SPD Shoes for more fun on the road and trails.
10 Reasons Why Mountain Biking is Better than Road Biking
Posted by mikebrcic
Dec, 26, 2013
First off, a disclaimer: I’m a mountain biker. Always have been, always will. And as the founder of Sacred Rides, I’ve made it my career. So I’m more than a bit biased. Secondly, I don’t have anything against road riding. I’ve tried it many times. I tried to love it. I tried to like it. But ultimately it’s just not for me. I know that millions of people love road riding (and that it’s more popular than mountain biking), but… I also think millions of road riders haven’t tried mountain biking yet.
So without further ado, here are my 10 Reasons Why Mountain Biking is Better than Road Biking:
1. The obvious one: No Cars. Nothing harshes your mellow more than 4,000 pounds of noisy steel whizzing by you at 70 miles an hour, 18 inches away.
2.Mountain Biking is Better for your Health: see above. Not sharing your ride with CO2-emitting vehicles is a lot better for your lungs, particularly when you’re surrounded by…
3. …Trees: There’s nothing quite like the feeling of flying down a trail through the woods with trees whooshing by (and hitting a tree hurts a lot less than getting hit by a car).
4.Quiet and Solitude: Mountain bike trails often take you to remote, peaceful places, where you can commune with nature, meditate, and enjoy the great outdoors. Unless you happen to live in an area with unused paved roads, you rarely get such opportunities on a road bike.
5. Fewer Type ‘A’s: Mountain biking seems to attract more laid-back people. Whenever I’ve gone out for a road ride, everyone quickly gets really competitive. When I go out mountain biking with my buddies, it’s all about enjoying good times in the woods or in the mountains with good friends.
6. Lots of Riding Styles to Choose From: Cross-Country. All-Mountain. Freeride. Enduro. DH. Lift-assisted. No matter who you are, there’s a type of mountain biking to suit your personality. Road riding? Umm… let’s see… Riding on the road.
7. Wipeouts on dirt hurt a lot less than wipeouts on pavement. (Cedric Gracia notwithstanding – we’re talking about the average MTB wipeout, not the kind of wipeout you get when you backflip off a 40-foot cliff.)
8. Mountain Biking Gives you a Better Workout: Riding on the road improves your cardiovascular fitness for spinning at high cadence for a long time. Mountain biking requires much more dynamic fitness – from quick bursts to sustained cardio output – and incorporates many more muscle groups.
9. Mountain Bikers are More Fun. See #5.
10. Bib Shorts. Enough said.