Want to get this New Facebook Timeline Profile for yourself?
All you need to do is to follow these 10 easy steps I created just for you:
1. Log in to your Facebook account then go to Search and type in “Developers” or “Facebook Developers” without the quote and then click on Search or magnifying glass icon next to it, you’ll a search results like below: click on it to begin.
If you cannot see it you may click this link – https://developers.facebook.com/apps – it may ask for your password so go ahead and enter that.
2. You’ll see this page below: Click on Allow begin.
5. Confirm that you are not a robot then click on Submit, wait for a sec and you’ll get to this page below. Click on “Open Graph” on the left panel just below Settings.
6. On the next screen, entitled “Get Started with Open Graph” — fill it up with anything you want (it doesn’t matter again) in those spaces under the heading “start by defining one action than one object for your app.” Me I selected “plan” a “movie”. Click Get Started to go ahead and wait for a sec.
8. You’ll see the screen below. Wait for about 5 minutes. Go get a coffee or watch a movie clip on YouTube to give some time to fix up your profile. Time is up! To check if your successful go back to your Facebook Home Page by simply going to http://facebook.com and then click on your Profile.
9. You’ll see this new box on top of your original Facebook profile page. This indicates that the app that you created is successful. Click on “Get it Now button” or “Learn More“, you may take your time learning it by click on “Start Tour” or if you excited enough to see the fruits of your labor click on Publish to see your new Profile Homepage looks like but I do suggest that you enjoy the tour to learn about your new Timeline.
10. If you opted to start with the Tour, see page below, it’ll show you a new feature and let you set up your first ever “Facebook Cover”, it is like a panoramic view of photo, fill this wide, open space with a unique picture that represents you best. It’s the first thing people see when they visit your timeline. Click Next it will show you how to View, Edit or Hide Posts, Rediscover your Top stories, Highlight what’s important, etc. Thank you for taking this tour! 😀 haha!
11. If you done with your “Facebook Cover Picture”, the next thing you can do is to check Your Stories, this will share and highlight your most memorable posts, photos, events on your timeline. This is where you can tell your story from beginning, to middle and to now.
Don’t forget to click on Publish for necessary changes be applied, see page below on how it looks like, congratulations your Your timeline is now live (Developer Release). Please note: During the developer release, only other developers will be able to see your new timeline. Everyone else will see your old profile.
There are lots of other things you can do in this new Profile, it’s up to you to discover it, haha ;). I hope you find it easy to follow the all the steps above and enjoy a new way to browse your Facebook Profile Page and don’t forget to leave a reply, comment, feedback below.
For those who haven’t done it, please do it now before you were left out hihi. 🙂
Source: [Facebook’s About Timeline and YouTube]
- Get Access To Facebook Timeline In 8 Simple Steps (thegeekpost.wordpress.com)
- How To Enable Facebook Timeline (techie-buzz.com)
- Facebook Announces Timelines and Improvements to Open Graph (hubspot.com)
- Activate Facebook Timeline in 5 easy steps (slashgear.com)
- Backdoor to the New Facebook – Timeline (cayobuay.com)
- Get Facebook Timeline Today (jeffzelaya.com)
- How to enable the new Facebook Timeline (vzades.wordpress.com)
- Facebook Timeline is coming…but with a little effort, Portlanders can get it now (oregonlive.com)
- Interesting Facebook Timeline Designs (tinyposts.wordpress.com)
- How to try the new Facebook Timeline right now (technolog.msnbc.msn.com)