Hi as you read this blog, Kalongkong Hiker is now officially registered to Philippine Duathlon Series Leg 1 and wish to finish the said series this year. As I conquer my fear and dream of become a multisport athlete I would like to share with you some exciting information about my first duathlon and to start off is a message from the race organizer.
Official start list in the attachment in excel file (emailed to the registered participants) to facilitate search. please take the time to check if we have your details right. for those who registered at the bike shops, race packets are available for claiming only until friday, july 12, 2013. please call up the bike shop beforehand so they can have your race packet ready. for those who registered via fax/email and paid via bank deposit, you have the following options:
(1) you may request to have your race packets sent to any of the said bike shops; or
(2) delivered to you via bike messengers from Pedala. (they service quezon city, marikina, san juan, pasig, mandaluyong, makati, the fort, manila & pasay; P100/one-way delivery; mon-fri only, excluding holidays.)
(3) all unclaimed race packets may be claimed on race day itself.
Race packet includes one bib number, one small helmet sticker (to be affixed on the front of the helmet) and two large bike stickers (to be adhered to the seat post like a flaglet, with the numbers clearly visible from both sides).
Timing chips will be distributed at the race site, so please come early to avoid delays!!!
Course maps are in the attachment. take note of the flow of the transition areas and the race course for the bike and run legs and parking areas.
– Be prepared for unpredictable weather conditions; hot and humid, or windy and/or rainy.
– Racers will be sent off in waves according to age group.
– The first leg will consist of 2 loops (6Km) while the second leg will be 1 loop (3Km).
– There are water stations situated along the course and 1 water station at the transition area.
– The course is rolling. whether you are an experienced or a beginner racer, it would be wise to slow down when cornering or making a u-turn.
– This is a drafting race. We would like to emphasize that everyone take necessary precautions when riding in a group, especially if you’re using aerobars. always be aware of surroundings and the people around you. if you are not used to riding in a group, it would be best to avoid it and ride on your own.
– The bike leg will consist of 6 loops; it is your duty as a racer to keep track of your loops!
– Water station at the transition area only, none along the course. bring water bottles for hydration.
General rules in the attachment for everyone’s perusal. remember, ignorance of the rules is not an excuse.
300am claim race packs & timing chips/body marking/opening of Transition area
530am race briefing
600am race start
1000am awarding of Winners
1030am Cut-off time
Run Leg Race Map:
Bike Leg Race Map:
- Philippine Duathlon Series – Leg 1 [07.14.2013] Filinvest City (kalongkong.wordpress.com)
- Duathlon – combining challenge with fun (wannabefitwoman.wordpress.com)
- To Duathlon or Not To Duathlon, That Is The Question (yousignedupforwhat.wordpress.com)
- 33rd Annual Tinman Triathlon/Duathlon (wibw.com)
- Daring the Duathlon (keystrokesandsummer.wordpress.com)
- Opening Doors (ericburnett43.wordpress.com)
- Duathlon Fun (tuffmotherondarun.com)