Photo grabbed from Monica Torres FB wall via Instagram
Good morning! What’s your breakfast for today? Did you cook it yourself, someone cooked it for you or you bought in a restaurant? Whatever your breakfast is, I just want to share with you a little breakfast conversation via FB with 4th Time Filipina Triathlete Champion Monica Torres of www.greaterthan1.com FB: www.facebook.com/monicatorres3.1
She posted an Instagram pic of her breakfast yesterday December 28, 2012 and I started to crave for it as well, I was thinking of ordering some from Pancake House but I check on my wallet and I thought I was in a tight budget so I asked her how to make a bread toast from her. She immediately replied with a smile, see conversation below:
So I hurriedly went home, drop by a near grocery store buy the suggested ingredients and went straight to the kitchen and cook it for me, my kids and to my loving wife. It is supposed to be a surprise “meryenda” on bed to them but they are already awake when I got home. So, we cooked it together instead, then came my Mom coming from my brother’s apartment.
I just look what is available on my wife’s kitchen haha…
Here’s my what I did or recipe:
Step 1: You will need…
- 50ml double cream
– 50ml milk (any)
– 2 eggs
– tasty bread (any brand)
– brown sugar (replacement for honey)
– chocolate milk (replacement for cinnamon)
– a pinch of pepper and salt
– 1/4 butter (any brand from your valued bakery)
Step 2: Make the Egg mix…
Place eggs, cream and cheese in a large jug. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Cook it…
Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, allowing bread to soak up some of the mixture. Melt some butter (or use vegetable oil) over a large frying fan on medium high heat. Add as many slices of bread onto the fan as will fit at a time. Fry until brown on both sides, flipping the bread when necessary.
Step 4: Serve with love and care…
Serve hot with butter, maple syrup, and if available, fresh berries.
See pictures below:
The finished product, yum yum. We devoured this together with my wife and kids for our “meryenda” and watch movie entitled “Pitch Perfect”. Create your own toast now!!!
- How to Make French Toast (answers.com)
- Heart-in-the Hole Eggs and Toast (spoonful.com)
- French Toast for Breakfast AND Dessert (averagebetty.com)
- Breakfast – French Toast (lauraannbreault.wordpress.com)
- Today’s Recipe: Almond-Crusted French Toast with Berries (williams-sonoma.com)
- Today’s Recipe: Bread-and-Butter Pudding with Caramelized Pears (williams-sonoma.com)
- Breakfast at my in-laws (yummy french toast recipe) (stuffcynloves.wordpress.com)
- Fresh Takes on French Toast (basikhomehowto.com)
- Because You Want to Make Eggnog French Toast Bake (ineedaplaydate.com)
- French Toast and Bacon Cupcakes | Babble (babble.com)